Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Edmodo for LYSD

Well it's been a while since my last post and I do apologize for the delay. This year my job as director of technology has been a wild ride to say the least. Much better than last year where one third of my sites like connectivity for months at a time, this year I have only had to deal with a complete failure of the active directory Windows server infrastructure. Rebuilding the entire model and topology of the network from scratch, we have finally caught up and are able to do things more educational in nature. 

This year as in the past I will be hosting a weekly meeting to assist teachers with technology related issues. Far from being just for certified staff, though, these meetings will attempt to bridge the gaps of understanding and lead to innovation among all staff members. With an educational technology coordinator now on board for LYSD, I feel comfortable saying this year will be the best in terms of support and professional development. I have always done a blog video series and weekly VTC training called Mr.B's Tech Corner, but this year I will rebrand and make the concept more generic. To do so I have chosen the platform of Edmodo.

If you have not heard of Ed Moto I strongly recommend you look into it. In a nutshell it as a learning management system designed to be an educational version of Facebook. I love the concept and I have enjoyed use of the platform for several years now. If you'd like to play along with this blog please make an account now at https://www.edmodo.com/.

First things first start to create an account by clicking on teachers and then entering an email address and password you would like to use and then sign up for free.


If you would like to use the district office here in Mountain Village as a school please do so. Otherwise type in the name of your school.


Fill in the appropriate information and click next step.


You can make your profile as detailed or a simple as you would like.


Once you're in you can start doing things like adding groups. If you would like to join the tech corner group click on the + next to the word groups, under your name, from the homepage.


Click join and enter wukmze.


Now that you are in, poke around a bit! I've loaded tons of content for you already. All of it is LYSD specific, and all of it meant for you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment