This is a board report I prepared for a meeting this week. I thought I would share it for informational purposes to LYSD employees and anyone else interested...
in the Lower Yukon School District
- Technology Dept maintains the content currently
- Currently there is a YouTube channel, Google Plus account, Facebook Page.
- All content is posted and managed within the LYSD filtering protocols between 8am and 5pm.
- Social media is not a fad or a waste of time. If students (and everyone else for that matter) are engaged by it’s use, then we should capitalize on it!
· NETS (National Educational Technology Standards)
· CIPA (Child Internet Protection Act)
· District Technology Plan must include it
· External – Not to be confused with the SMT; After hours
· Meaningful - Not “just for fun”; community related events, photos, etc…
· Educational – Not yet…
Playlists include various topics:
o Teacher Testimonials
o Information about the district
o Old recruiting videos
o Training videos
YouTube EDU is content filtered and automatically rerouted
User account is controlled by Google user:
What are other organizations doing with social media?